As an Anatomic Pathologist, you will be responsible for gross and/or microscopic examination of anatomic pathology specimens and preparation of pathology reports in a timely manner.
Ask any of our veterinary professionals what their goal is and you will likely hear, “advancing the state of veterinary medicine.” With a strong focus on peer-to-peer education and developing relationships with key opinion leaders in the industry, our veterinary team works closely with our lines of business to ensure world-class products and services for veterinarians and their practices.
In This Role
- You will meet caseload and turnaround expectations.
- You will provide telephone consultations to clients.
- You will consult with and assist other pathologists as needed to promote collegiality.
- You will interact with, advise and assist laboratory personnel in proper specimen processing techniques and function as the pathologist on duty.
- You will promote the growth of IDEXX by actively participating in pathologist meetings and developing and maintaining professional relationships/contact with clients.
- You will participate in the quality control programs.
- You will maintain proficiency and develop diagnostic skills through regular continuing education.
- Time will be available from routine diagnostic responsibilities to allow the pathologist to engage in other professional activities as approved by management. Such activities should improve the function or professional reputation of IDEXX.
- CPD is enabled.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- You are a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM). Pathology Board Certified – American College of Veterinary Pathology (ACVP) or ECVP or FRCPath.
- You are familiar with current topics and issues in clinical veterinary medicine.
- You are able to type and use dictation equipment.
- You have excellent communication skills and interpersonal capabilities.
- You are able to work independently on routine tasks and need minimal guidance.
- Experience in a veterinary diagnostic laboratory is preferred.
- Some experience in a diagnostic field (surgical pathology preferred).
- You have a service oriented attitude.
- You are able to organize and prioritize work.
- Computer skills are required.
What We Offer
When you join IDEXX, you will find yourself in a challenging and exciting environment where you are given the opportunity to be yourself, innovate, and grow. We have so much to offer!
- From day one, you will get full autonomy in your work and ample support when you need it.
- You will join a successful team who is proud of the work they do and motivated by their unified purpose of helping others.
- You will work with people who are inspiring, open, and the best in their operating space.
- We believe in you – with a team of over 10,000 all over the globe, there are lots of opportunities for learning, personal growth, and career expansion.
- You’ll be part of a double-digit growth company in a quickly growing market and we are leading the way forward with innovative products, services, and a strong focus on our customers.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.