We are looking for an inspirational Anatomic Pathology Leader to help shape and drive forward the future of our Histopathology Division based at Finn Pathologists in Weybread, Suffolk.
CVS UK PLC is the largest integrated veterinary services provider in the UK. We handle a wide range of sample types from both UK and overseas first opinion and referral practices, dealing predominantly with companion animals with some exotic case workload. We also have a developing farm animal & equine diagnostic capability.
Key responsibilities include:
• Line manage the histopathology team (on-site and off-site members).
• Provide professional guidance to team members and others in anatomic pathology related matters.
• Working in conjunction with the Veterinary Team Administrator to schedule of workloads, allocation of cases and authorisation of CPD and annual leave requests to insure there is sufficient capacity to cover the day to day workloads.
• Liaise with other members of the Management Team to ensure efficient delivery of histopathology and other areas of work, including raising relevant issues surrounding laboratory or Diagnostic Support- related matters to the appropriate manager.
• Assist the General Manager in the development of new areas of work/projects.
• Evaluation of histopathology reporting by the pathologists on cases received at the laboratory. This will include immunohistochemistry, special stains, decalcified material and fast track specimens in a quality and timely fashion.
• Liaison with clients, internal staff and others in a timely and polite fashion in relation to duties.
Key requirements include:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organise one’s own workload and prioritise when necessary.
• Current membership of the RCVS.
• Ability to work as part of an on-site and off-site team at departmental level and also with members of the wider CVS company while maintaining a professional attitude at all times.
• Proven experience managing professional staff.
You will be supported by the Pathology Administrative Manager in this role who would work alongside you to help you achieve the company vision.
In addition to a salary of £87,000 per annum, you will receive a range of benefits including:
• Relocation allowance if required
• Private health insurance
• 33 days’ annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
• Additional day’s holiday for every full year worked (up to a maximum of 5 additional days)
• Staff discount on veterinary products and services
• Sharesave scheme
• Company Pension Scheme
• Access to great savings through Perk Box
We welcome informal enquiries about this role. Please contact Jim Klaassen (Director of Pathology) email@example.com to arrange a confidential and informal chat.
Please click ‘apply now’ to include your CV and covering letter.
Closing date: 22nd July 2022