Position: Veterinary Anatomic Pathologist, hybrid (working from home and on-site), Bristol, UK
Inquiries regarding locum work are also welcome
Who we are
We are a dynamic veterinary diagnostic pathology provider and our mission is to always provide the best possible advice and care for our clients, with the healthcare of animals at the forefront of everything we do. Operating from 6 separate laboratories based around the UK & Ireland, we have the resources and capacity to provide a nationwide service, resilience and expertise. Innovation, research and development, and advancing medical and scientific practice are all hallmarks of what makes us who we are. At the VPG, we invest in people and our pathologists are trained to the highest available standards in the world. Environmental, social and corporate governance is also very important to us at the VPG and we are committed to striving to do the right thing: • Becoming a carbon-neutral business and target zero waste to landfill • Support health, well-being and personal development for all employees • Create meaningful opportunities by providing clear career progression pathways and training for all. • We commit to paying our employees well, always pay above minimum wage and ensuring great work is rewarded and recognised. • Give back to the communities that support us through charitable donations and allowing our staff to have paid time off to volunteer for charitable organisations • Ensure zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind across the VPG • Investing heavily in our resident academy, research and development to create leading practices so that we can provide the best quality care for animals. • Increasing our focus on responsible supply-chain management.
We are recruiting a fully qualified (ECVP, ACVP and/or FRCPath boarded) pathologist in a full-time (40h/ week) hybrid position. You will be working predominantly from home, however, to qualify for the position, you must be able to participate in an on-site rota in our laboratory in Bristol according to business needs.
Our caseload is mostly composed of companion animal species, with increasing numbers of exotic animal submissions also being received. A large proportion of our clients are in referral veterinary practice, which attests to the quality of our reporting and the exacting standards that we expect of all our pathologists and laboratory technicians.
• Delivering veterinary histopathology reporting in line with the agreed quality standards and agreed average daily output with a customer-centric approach.
• Participating in an ‘on-site’ rota and fulfilling all required on-site pathologist duties, such as solving remote pathologist queries and helping with gross examination of complex samples. • Maintaining professional standards by fulfilling CPD requirements. • Participating in internal and external research projects, client, student and resident education, business development and marketing activities and projects aiming at improving the service according to individual agreements. Essential skills
• RCVS recognised degree in Veterinary Medicine and member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
• ECVP, ACVP and/ or FRCPath boarded.
• Ability or willingness to learn to report based on digital slides.
• An ability to work in a systematic manner; be able to work independently to complete allotted tasks in a time-sensitive manner with a high attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate expert veterinary histopathology knowledge to veterinarians of other specialties and maintain a professional level of communication at all times, written and verbally. • Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and previous experience working with a LIMS system.
• Working knowledge in QA/QC
• An interest in advanced histology techniques, such as IA/AI, IHC, etc.
• An interest in advancing the veterinary histopathology field, through research, engagement with professional bodies, scientific presentations and/ or teaching.
Salary and Benefits
• Competitive and commensurate salary with productivity-associated bonus added to monthly base salary (for details please contact us via contact details below)
• Annual company financial performance bonus.
• Private Health insurance.
• Life assurance.
• 5 days off duty for CPD/ year.
• Generous CPD budget for attendance, travel and accommodation to UK based and international professional meetings
• Re-imbursement of fees for professional affiliations (MRCVS, ECVP, ACVP, FRCPath).
To apply, please send your application with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the role, please contact: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is January 31st or until filled.